Crew Castle Lindquist

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A TRUE BLONDE MOMENT WORTH READING ABOUT!

Bridget and Tanelle's road trip to St. George...I mean Goblin Valley.

~PICTURES ARE NOT UPLOADING RIGHT NOW. I WILL HAVE THEM UP SHORTLY!

My friend Bridget and I signed up for a camping class back in January to get 2 elective hours so we could graduate this spring. Well last weekend was the big weekend, so we went to our 7:30 a.m. news class, ran to my house and then to Bridget's house to get some last minute items. Then we were on our way to Goblin Valley...so we thought. We had directions and a map. On the map the teacher highlighted the road we were suppose to follow. For some reason I thought the line he highlighted was I-15. I just remember telling Bridget not to worry about looking at the map for awhile because we had to stay on I-15 far long time. What we didn't realize was that we should have taken highway 6 towards Price. So we drove and drove and drove. After driving for nearly 2 hours I asked Bridget to look at the map to see if she could see any of the towns we were passing located on the map. She said she couldn't see any. I thought that was weird. Then we took a pit stop in Beaver, and grabbed some lunch. While in Beaver we went to Wendy's and asked the cashier how far Price was from Beaver? The women looked at us with a strange look and said, about 3 hours. We said what...this trip should be a maximum of 4 hours, and we had already been on the road for nearly 2 hours. Then she started saying her grandkids live in Price, and it takes her 3 hours to drive there. So we thanked her for her help and left. When we got back in the Jeep, we started thinking she was crazy. How could Price possibly be 3 more hours away when we had already been on the road for half the time the instructors said it would take us to get there? HMMMMM...we could not figure it out. So we got back on I-15 and we were on our way heading south. After about another hour of driving, I started seeing signs that said Cedar City 12 miles and St. George 35 miles. I told Bridget that I didn't remember Price being this Far, and I knew Price is before St. George, but we kept on going. We got into Cedar City and drove for a while longer until we saw a sign that said St. George 14 miles. I said what! Did you see what that sign just said? Right then Bridget looked at the map and I heard her gasp. She said own no, we're going the wrong way. I said what...isn't that purple highlighted area I-15? She said no, that is highway 6. We should have gotten on highway 6 after Prove. I started laughing so hard because I could not believe we nearly made it to St. George in 3 1/2 hours ( and I was only going 5 miles over the speed limit), and I was really blown away that we did not notice this sooner. No wonder we weren't seeing any of the towns on the map. We were looking at highway 6 not I-15. We both started laughing so hard, but then Bridget's laughter turned into fear...fear that she would not graduate if we did not make it to Goblin Valley for the camping trip. I saw Bridget's face and saw tears feeling up in hear eyes. I told her everything was going to be ok. I immediately called my dad because he knows roads like the back of his hand due to being a truck driver for nearly 30 years. He got us back on track...heading north towards Price. So the lady at Wendy's was right, it was 3 hours away, going north not south. So Bridget started calling our teachers leaving message after message explaining what had happened. We were so embarrassed and even worse we are both blonde.

We were supposed to meet he class by 4:00 p.m., and it was 3:10 p.m. when we turned around. Well to make an already long story short, a student from the class got reception and got a hold of us. Bridget talked to the instructors and we were good to go. We finally arrived at 7:55 p.m. We were the talk and the laugh of the campsite. We were ok with that, because we thought it was funny ourselves. We shared a true blonde moment together! I wouldn't have wanted to share it with anyone other than Bridget...love ya Bridge. Then we ended up freezing that night, but that's a story for another blog entry!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

awwwwwwwwwww i love you to. and i am coping and pasting this story into my blog because you wrote it so well!!! however i will go more into the freezing our butts off... muah love you

Shlee said...

Thats hilarious!