Crew Castle Lindquist

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Race For The Cure


Last Saturday, May 8th I had the privilege to run in The Race For The Cure. ABC 4 got a team together and I can't tell you how much fun it was. I didn't run the entire thing, and yes, I know it's only a 5k, but I haven't ran or seen the gym in at least 8 months, YIKES! Although, I was able to run half of it and it felt amazing. I am a FAN of The Race For The Cure and I will run every year! It was amazing to see the turn out and all the people supporting those who will someday have breast cancer, have breast cancer or who have passed on due to breast cancer. What an amazing feeling I had just being there and showing support, and getting a nice early morning run in. I think I actually like running!
I also caught up with my my brother Jared and his wife Rachel and her family. They run it every year too because Rachel's mom is a breast cancer survivor. So amazing and inspirational! I look forward to racing next year. Who know, maybe I will be able to run the entire thing next year! :)
Note to self...Jared did the 5k in 21 minutes, I need to come close to that time or beat it next year. Then again, he's ran one marathon, one half marathon and who know how many 5ks. Hmmmm???

No comments: