Crew Castle Lindquist

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Busy Weekend

This weekend has been filled with fun and work...from watching my brother and his in-laws run the Salt Lake City Half Marathon, a band photo shoot, 2 hours of weeding, registered at Target and Babies "R" Us and of course cleaning/laundry.

1/2 Marathon:
My brother Jared ran the Salt Lake Marathon and set a personal record of 13.2 in 1 hour 41 minutes! Not to mention, this is 4 months after having his heart ablation surgery. Jared you seriously amaze me. I may be able to beat you on the court here and there, but you've leave me in your cloud of dust when it comes to running! :) Rachel's sister, brother, brother-in-law and dad did amazing too! You are all inspiring and who knows, maybe I will be brave enough to run a 1/2 marathon someday.




Photo Shoot:
I had the opportunity to take pictures of band playing at a local coffee shop this weekend. It was so much fun, and I've known one of the band members since High School...John Craigle. He taught photography Highland High School. It wasn't until college that I got to know John. I have learned so much from him, and it was a blast taking pictures of the band. I also got to use his new Canon 5D Mark II. That camera is amazing! Not to mention it shoots HD video. John and I help each other out on numerous occasions such as weddings, big family pictures, etc. He's going to do my maternity pictures in June/July and I can hardly wait!

(PICTURES COMING SOON)!


Weeds, weeds and more weeds:

Ryan and I woke up at 7 this morning to get some weeding done. It was so nice getting up early and enjoying the beautiful weather and listening to the birds. I love the feeling of getting so much accomplished. It was great looking at the clock at 10am and thinking I still have the entire day to do what ever I want. What a great feeling!

This might sound strange, but I like to weed. I bring out some music and just let my mind escape. If Ryan's out helping me it makes that much better because we talk and he gets a few worms thrown at him! Hahaha :) Don't feel bad for Ryan because he returns the favor, and then tells me the Robins are dropping them on me. Oh how I love to weed.







Baby Registry:

Ryan and I went and got our baby registry done this weekend! It was so much fun! It really puts it in to perspective that all these fun things are going to be for our baby boy. I'm so use to going and picking stuff out for other people, but this time it's for us. This is a fun time in our lives, and we can hardly wait to meet our little Crew!




SUGAR:
Oh and I can't forget to mention Ryan finally had sugar after going 90+ days without it. He has been wanting cheesecake for months now, and he felt it's been a good run without candy/sugar for over 90 days so I said, let's go to the Cheese Cake Factory and get cheesecake. Ryan got the Reeses Chocolate and I got the White Chocolate Coconut...MMMMM! Now we are both cutting back to one treat per week, and no candy in the house. Although I do have these Mexican candy suckers that are to die for. They are sweet, sour and spicy all in one. Those don't count as "candy" right? :)


2 comments:

Matt Gephardt said...

How did the registering process go? I have no idea where to start figuring out what we need!

Two and a Crew! said...

It was fun and easy, well at least I thought it was fun. I'm not sure Ryan would say it was fun. :) We went into the stores, they had us fill out some paper work and off we went with the register gun. It was so much fun choosing stuff for our little guy. You guys will have to let me know when you have your baby shower...I would LOVE to come! How are you feeling after your marathon you machine you?