Crew Castle Lindquist

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 23, 2012

Thumb sucking...

The past month Crew has found his thumb and is now using it as a way to sooth himself.  He use to take the binky, but not any more.  At first was concerned, wondering how I was going to break him from the habit in the near future.  Thinking about the terrible stories I've heard about thumb suckers... "you can't take their thumb away, it will ruin his teeth, he'll get sores on his thumb" etc.

That's when I came to my sences and realized he's only a baby, and I'm not going to try and reinforce the binky, I tried for a couple days and he wasn't having it, it makes him happy and makes him feel secure.  He is also attached to his Minky blanket and when he's old enough I will let him sleep with that.  Maybe he will transition from his thumb to his blanket for comfort and security.  For now I'm going to let Crew be a happy thumb sucking baby!  I'll deal with breaking the habit later!!!  Oh and did I mention it's a life saver when it comes to sleeping through the night!  Crew has always been pretty good at sleeping at night from about 2 months until now, but now that he has his thumb, he sleeps about 10-11 hours every night!  Nope, I'm not complaining!

I also added some pictures of his cousin who is 18 day older than Crew, who also sucks his thumb... so cute!  I wonder if Crew taught him how to do this when they came to visit last month?! 

OUR LITTLE THUMB SUCKER:





                       Baby Charlie sucking his thumb!



No comments: