Crew Castle Lindquist

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 3, 2012

Crew goes swimming





We decided to sign Crew up for swimming lessons now so he gets use to the water and will hopefully not be scared when it comes time to really learn how to swim.  Every Saturday morning we meet our good friends Matt, Haley and their adorable little girl Abby for a little play time in the water.

I was a little hesitant at first because I was worried about submersing Crew under water at such a young age... 5 months, but I did some research and found that most babies remember the womb and being surrounded by water.  That being said, they have a natural instinct to hold their breath.  Well Crew did better than I thought.  Not much coughing, but the first dunk he did look a bit shocked and was gasping a little bit.  I think I was more freaked out than he was.  The next dunk he did better and ended up spitting water out.  None the less, the class is fun and we sing songs, practice floating, grabbing onto the wall and of course the notorious dunk!  

Like I mentioned before, I did some research and watched tons of YouTube videos before enrolling him and some of kids know how to swim by their first birthday. It was unbelievable watching these children fall into the water and know how to swim to the surface, flip over onto their back and call for help by the age of 1.  

Now here's the kicker... I was especially excited to sign Crew up for swimming because I thought it would be great bonding time for Ryan and Crew, but now Ryan has to work nearly every Saturday.  Of course this would happen! Not sure what to do... stay in the Saturday class with our friends, move to another day so Ryan can go or just drop the class all together. UGH!!  Why can't things just run smoothly??!

VIDEO OF CREW'S FIRST SWIM:







No comments: