Crew Castle Lindquist

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

St. George Marathon




Last weekend, my mom, Rachel (Jared's girlfriend), two of Jared's friends and I went down to St. George to support Jared running the St. George marathon. Jared has been training for about 4-5 months for the marathon. We were all so excited for him. I realized after Jared completed the marathon, what an accomplishment running 26.2 mile can be. Jared crossed the finish line at 3 hours and 48 minutes. He beat his goal by 12 minutes. Not to mention it was a chilly 50-55 degrees outside, with a cold wind and pounding rain. I am so proud of my brother for accomplishing something so amazing.
The third picture is Jared running past us at mile-marker 16, then the other pictures are right before he crossed the finish line, and greeting all of us after the race. Nice job Jared, you are a super star!!
The last pictures is a freaky Hobo Spider we found outside of the condo we were staying at. After I took this picture, my brother poked it with the end of a broom, and the spider began
chasing me. I have never seen a spider run so fast. I was so scared. This thing was the size of a 50 cent piece, maybe bigger. YUCK!!








2 comments:

Camille said...

congrats Jared! And ew!! Tanelle I can't believe you put a picture of a spider on here! It freaked me out just looking at it. Yuck!

Two and a Crew! said...

Yeah, I can't believe I put a picture of a spider on my page either. I was so freaked out when I was taking this picture because every time the flash came on, I could see the reflection of the spider eyes. YIKES!! I figures since it's October, the spider would work nicely on my page.