Crew Castle Lindquist

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Crew's Room

I know most "soon to be moms" don't start on the nursery until they are 6 or 7 months along, but if you know me, I like things done and ready ahead of time. It could also be because Ryan and I are so excited to be starting a family! :)

I must give a BIG THANKS to my amazing friends Lori and Lisa for doing 95% of the room decor from scratch! I am so jealous of their amazing talents and would refer them to anyone who needs help decorating a room. We went shopping for the bedroom decor last Saturday, March 19th and they came over on Friday, March 25th and put it together. Not to mention she they were done by Wednesday. Here's and interesting fact...all the wall decorations, 2 quilts, the bumper, sheet, changing table pad and curtains cost me as much as a bed set at Babies R Us.

Ryan and I bought the crib from Babies R Us and we got the Pottery Barn Dresser and Harley Davidson Rocking Horse off ksl.com for a steal. I love the classifieds...what a way to save money!

Here are some BEFORE and AFTER pictures of Crew's room. The first three pictures are the before pictures I captured with my iphone, the finished pictures are captured with my nice camera. So the room really isn't as lime green as it appears in the first three pictures.







The decor above his bed will hold a colleague of pictures! It was an old door Lori found, and she spray painted it and added scrapbook paper we found at Robert's Arts and Crafts. I can't wait to take pictures of Crew!
We found some big letters at Hobby Lobby and correlated the scrapbook paper from the "door frame" to the letters.
Those little circles on the wall are kitchen table place mats just spray painted. We found those at Ikea.

The adorable numbers picture and frame came from Ikea too. We also got the curtains from Ikea, and Lori and Lisa sewed fabric from the bumper on the bottom of the curtains. You can also see the poke-dot changing pad and the other quilt on the dresser. I loved this idea! I got the piggy bank at Target. I couldn't pass it up...it's the same color as his room.
We got the dark gray material from Ikea, and we Lori and Lisa made two quilts with it. The sheet and the bumper material came from a cute store in Draper...Material Girl.

Ryan and I go in his room a few times a day. It's so fun to think we are going to have a little boy join our family come August! :)




6 comments:

Jared & Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE IT!!! I bet it makes you even MORE excited, having a room for him already!

Two and a Crew! said...

It makes it so real and so exciting! It's crazy to think I still have 5 months to go!

Bettridge Family said...

It was fun doing it because you have great taste. Your camera is way better than ours. It turned out really cute. Your whole house is cute. It was fun talking to you.

Mama Bear said...

You are just sooo adorable. I love the room and everything!!!! Its so fun to see how excited you are to be a mom. I can't wait for that emotional day for you!!!

Camille said...

Adorable! Love that green Tanelle. You know you should put ultrasound pictures and little "can't wait till you arrive" letters on the picture board until he gets here. That way every time you go in there you can see a little part of him :)

Bridget said...

so cute! you will be glad to have that all done now later you will be tired and now you can go and sit in the room and imagine what life will be like