Crew Castle Lindquist

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pregnancy...lovin every minute of it!

I am currently 20 weeks along in my pregnancy and I must say this has been a pleasant and amazing experience for me. For those of you women who read my blog, and have had terrible pregnancies, I am so sorry. You may not want to read this next part.

Pregnancy thus far has been so much fun and the best experience ever! I have not witnessed the "morning sickness" at all. I have had a few gagging spells, minimal dizziness around 5 -6 weeks and peeing every two hours in the middle of the night, along with having to pee every 10 minutes, but that is the worst of things. The peeing thing during the day is not much different for me since I have the bladder the size of a peanut. lol I feel so blessed to feel the way I have. I truly believe it is a blessing in disguise considering I am the only one working/bringing in the income to support Ryan and myself. Ryan works 40+ hours per week for free and pays the school for it...go figure! I don't know what I would have done if I was one who was constantly throwing up and miserable. Ryan always teases me an says "you're going to want like 10 kids after this pregnancy." Well I don't know about that, probably just two. :)

Butter cream lotion has been amazing. I put it on nearly every morning and night to help prevent stretchmarks. So far so good. Thank you Heather for that advice.

Speaking of advice, I have found through being pregnant everyone has advice whether it be good or bad. It seems like most people have negative things to say to me about being pregnant and starting a family. I know some things are true, but why do people make it sound so bad. Here are a few that stood out to me...

1. Enjoy your sleep while it last!
2. Prepare for you life to change overnight!
3. Don't plan on getting back into your old clothes!
4. Your going to name him what?
5. I look more pregnant than you!
The list could go on and on, but I will stop there. My goodness people!

I am excited to see what the next four months of pregnancy has in store for me. I am happy I am finally showing because I was beginning to worry. At the 15 week mark I couldn't button my jeans up, so I started wearing the belly bands. I don't know if I was a big fan of those, but I held out and used them for a few weeks.

At the 18 week mark I finally jumped into maternity pants, and WOW...what an amazing difference in comfort. I should have done this at 15 weeks. I also have been finding cute maternity dresses that doesn't look like maternity, and I'll be able to wear them after pregnancy.

2 comments:

Shlee said...

You look so cute! I love his room!

Debbie said...

the first time I put on a pair of maternity pant I didn't even want to take them off to buy them. I am glad that you are feeling so good :)you are looking very cute with your baby bump.